Review: Never by Ashley Capes


Never by Ashley Capes is a great prequel story. It's got elements of fantasy in a well-built world, but leans a bit more towards sword and sorcery as it focuses on thieves and mercenaries. I've wanted to read something by Ashley Capes for a while and I'm glad I started with this one. It was a nice fast well-written tale that makes me want to learn more about the world and the character.

Never is not only the name of the story, it's also the name of the main character, which, along with his "curse," drives him to learn more about his past/identity. I don't want to spoil anything, but the curse subplot is intriguing, little hints of it sprinkled in expertly throughout the story, allowing us to get a feel for the character's motivation. 

The story might be short, but it packs in a lot of action, world-building, and characterization. And it's not just the main character that gets fleshed out, the other characters are also developed with care. 

Check it out! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPSFC 3 Books I've Sampled

Top 8 Books I Read in 2021

Review: Pallas Lost by Jake Morrison