December Writing Update and some Freebies

It's been a crazy month - a crazy fall semester - a crazy year. But I got some reading and writing done this year. As for the reading, I'm hoping to make a "Top 5 Books I read this year" post soon, so look out for that. 

Writing-wise, I wrote a fantasy novella last weekend. It'll be a little while before it's ready to be published. I usually like to leave my stories alone for a while after I've written them so I can look back in a couple of months and see what I think of them later- the distance helps me decide if they're publishing worthy and see any flaws that need to be edited. And, of course, it'll also need a cover. I thoroughly enjoyed writing it and I'm very excited to eventually share it with you all. I can tell you it takes place in a couple of different locations in The Land of Sunsets including Red Fern City. I can also tell you that there's one little bit of a scene in the end of the novella that surprised me. Those are always the most fun scenes to write because they're completely unplanned and they just happen while I'm in the zone and I discover something new about the world! 

I'm also slowly planning out a new project (a series of stand-alone novels) which will have a much heavier focus on magic and magic users in The Circle of the World than anything I've written yet. 

Well, that's it for my current update. I'll hopefully do that best books post soon, but in the meantime, if you're looking for something to read here are a few promos to check out. You might find something you'll enjoy in here! 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 8 Books I Read in 2021

SPSFC 3 Books I've Sampled

Review: Pallas Lost by Jake Morrison